First Code Review !

In this blog I talk about my first "open source" experience. I reviewed my classmates Nathan Pang's dead link checker coded in Python. 

I was luckily connected with him by my teacher as I had mistakenly confused the due dated for this first lab.

Testing this code was interesting because I have never  ran or written python code. It was a bit of a learning curb as I needed to do my own research on how to properly setup and run python on my own personal machine. Fortunately the syntax for Python is similar to many other languages so when reading the actual code it wasn't too bad to go through it. 

The thing that surprised me the most about working with another is how little things that you've overlooked can easily be spotted by another set of eyes. 


All 3 issues that I've created can be found below : 

https://github.com/NathanPang001/PYLinkChecker/issues/1

This first issue is in regards to HTML tags & unnecessary information being displayed only when pulling data from an HTML page.

https://github.com/NathanPang001/PYLinkChecker/issues/2

The second issue looks at how the improper error messages are displayed even an "Unknown" error message should be displayed

https://github.com/NathanPang001/PYLinkChecker/issues/3

The last issue is just a recommendation on the ReadME file to update & provide more sample information to properly display ALL potential cases when running this program. 


At this time the review on my side hasn't been completed yet so unfortunately I cannot provide links for my repo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improving Others Code !

Intro Blog

Release 2.3