Hacktoberfest #1

 It's hacktober month ! 

A month where people all over the world contribute to many different types of projects.

My goal this week was to find a project for me to add my own contribution !

I found this "flappy bird clone" that copied the idea of the original flappy bird. The author had created an issue for others to try and help improve his "copy".

You can find the issue here : Help Improve Flappy Bird 

He had a few different requests so I decided to pull the trigger and added a "High score" feature for him, this feature revealed a user highest score after playing a game. I also found that his README file lacked information, especially for someone who had no knowledge of what flappy bird was. 

You can find my pull request here : Added high score feature and updated read me

This contribution was fun for me as I believe it has been 3-4 years since I've had to code in JavaScript. I remembered that I could store information using cookies or could store them in a database. After a bit of research I found that I could locally store information using the "LocalStorage" function in JavaScript. 

In terms of preparation there wasn't much needed, I could run his page using google chrome and edit his content using Notepad++.

The biggest thing I've learned with this deliverable was to NOT leave this until the last minute! Finding a good project for myself was a bit hard as people would be quick to jump onto projects. 

Below are some screenshots of my before and after. 



Before : 



After : 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improving Others Code !

Intro Blog

Release 2.3