Improving Others Code !

For this blog I was tasked to find a partner and improve some of their code.

I decided to stick to Nathan's code as he used python to create his "PYLinkChecker".

The reasoning behind me as to why I choose his project is simply because as mentionned before I have never worked with python. This was an opportunity for me to learn a bit more about python and get out of my  coding comfort zone. 

As I wasn't too familiar with python I also didn't want to overwhelm myself with adding some complicated feature. I previously noticed that his app was missing a bit of color so I took the liberty to make his program slightly more pleasing to the eyes. 

As I wasn't working directly from the cmd line, I used GIT desktop to clone and pull his project. 

As my changes were somewhat minor and didn't have much of an impact Nathan didn't give too many comments in regards to the changes, he was simply happy that I didn't forget to update his README file as my changes did require for further installs on python to properly run the code. 

The one thing that was great about GitHub is that once I had added some code, i was no receiving updates of changes to my email. This may not be meaningful to some but to me seeing the code evolve AFTER I contributed is a cool experience. 

You can find my modifications here : https://github.com/NathanPang001/PYLinkChecker/pull/7



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Release 2.3