Lab 6 - Working with Telescope

This lab up to date had to be the most challenging lab for me. I previously had issues switching between my Macbook and Windows. This lab made my realize my biggest mistake while trying to code on two different platforms. Do not code and store things on the cloud (OneDrive) as things will clash and make your life extremely difficult. 

Initially I had tried to get telescope working on windows, installing elasticsearch was very troublesome so I had switched to my mac. I made the switch over to my MacBook which made installing redis and elastic very simple with brew, unfortunately my comfort level using my mac isn't the greatest so I reverted to my windows computer. 

It took me a while but since I had configured elasticsearch on my macbook when I returned to windows I was having tons of issues in the sense that elasticsearch couldn't find certain files. 

I proceeded to delete elasticserach from my windows and have a fresh instance of elasticsearch reinstalled. Once reinstalled I was still having issues with elasticsearch as apparently my JAVA_HOME environment wasn't properly set in my computer.

I tried to bypass that issue by using ubuntu to install elasticsearch(no luck).  I had to reconfigure/install java in my pc & properly set my JAVA_HOME variable.

Once telescope was installed, this lab was challenging for me in the sense that I've never used json and I had to re-write my code to acknowledge that feature.  Luckily the previous lab made my code slightly cleaner so making updates wasn't that bad. 

Here you can find my gist : https://gist.github.com/mamadou-diallo/2c9facacea10081406a23302e49dd767

Here you can find my commit: https://github.com/mamadou-diallo/HTML-Link-Reviewer-/commit/b41e5160e1a82d90681d6fc1a667ff579a505392

Below is a screenshot of my html checker verifying the links :


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improving Others Code !

Intro Blog

Release 2.3