Lab 7 - External Program Tools

 


For this lab the goal was to analyze my code using external tools. 
Although there wasn't much coding involved, this was good a good learning experience as I did not know that such tools to format and scan for bugs existed. Using google java format I was able to format my code, other than improper spaces my code didn't need much modifications. As for the linter I used SpotBugs, which surprisingly didn't return any errors. Through out this lab my only issue was with Intellij, my plugins weren't installing properly and my only fix to that was to upgrade from Intellij community to the ultimate edition

Additionally I had issues with git when trying to squash my commits. For some reason I initially my git rebase command was telling me I was already up to date, then tried to rebase my current branch to master which didn't give me any squash option as seen in the screenshot below. 

After doing that I had pushed my commits and could see duplicate commits for the same code instead of squashed code. Obviously I realized that I did not do my rebase properly & when trying to squash again I ran into more issues as previous commits from previous labs were appearing. Ultimately as I didn't want to ruin my project I aborted my rebase and simply committed my content. 


My PR can be found here : https://github.com/mamadou-diallo/HTML-Link-Reviewer-/pull/12/commits/60d7a7e3efc7a92a8454fce59f20547903264bf1





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improving Others Code !

Intro Blog

Release 2.3